Notre Dame Parking Services is bringing back its popular holiday season donation drive, Food For Fines, for the first time since 2019.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 21, through Friday, Dec. 16, members of the campus community can pay any outstanding citation balance by bringing nonperishable food items or personal hygiene products to Hammes Mowbray Hall during normal business hours. Donations will benefit the Family Justice Center of St. Joseph County and the Food Bank of Northern Indiana.
There is no limitation on the number of donations; however, each citation must be “paid” in full. Student donations will not count toward any citation that has already been forwarded to a student account, so student donations must be made within 10 days of the citation.
The following items for donation must be unopened, in its original packaging and non-expired.
The following food items are worth $5 toward a citation:
- Canned food (vegetables, meats, tuna, beans — 10 oz or larger)
- Peanut butter, nut butter (16 oz or larger)
- Macaroni and cheese (5 oz or larger)
- Starches including rice, spaghetti, macaroni, egg noodles (16 oz or larger)
- Canned soup (10 oz or larger)
- Condiments including ketchup and mustard (13 oz or larger)
The following non-food items are worth $10 toward a citation (full-size only):
- Body wash
- Toothpaste (two or more)
- Cleaning wipes
- Deodorant (two or more)
- Box of pads (pack of 32 or more)
- Box of tampons (pack of 32 or more)
Originally published by ndworks.nd.edu on November 15, 2022.at